Thursday 18 February 2016

I was weighing 80kg until I discovered the secret in Swimming.

What more can I ask, she said it all.  Miss Enemu.

“Not even I could believe it, I had phobia for swimming but I had always loved the beach. During a gathering with my friends at the beach, there was a particular game everyone had to play, you slide a mounted slide made by the group, once it gets to your turn, you dive and the wave of the sea flouts  you to the sand.

I didn’t want to be a wet blank by saying I can’t swim, so I braved it but unfortunately, as a took a dive  the fear griped  me, took over and I landed with my fore head, leaving a permanent injury on my forehead.

That was a turning point for me , I felt it was my weight that was the cause, I was more determined than ever to learn to swim, from that day, my friend ‘s house was my second home, everyday, come rain come shine I was at their pool practicing, for seven months….my friend gave me the basic tips, she said the more I spend time in the water the better I got.

The breast strokes, the free style, suspending myself in the water…a trick I use when I get tired of swimming or having leg pains.

I can proudly say my weight loss, keeping fit is all to swimming. I sleep soundly, hardly see a doctor at that time of the month, all pain disappeared.

If I can learn to overcome my phobia you too can, imagine yourself in an island surrounded by water and you have a business to do there and you get there, you are told everybody should  get into a boat, sustained in the middle of the island till help comes, you  have to learn to swim.  

It is only God that can guaranty safety, but you have to play your part.”

 

 


Send an email to lavivonline@gmail.com if you want share your opinion on a particular sport /club you fancy or call 0813-809-3202.....there no charges,its actually my official line.

 

1 comment: