Saturday 13 February 2016

A game played in heaven-Rugby

This was one of the interviews that is so different from the rest.
First of all, Mr. Christ, all the way from South Africa, our interview started on telephone while he was trying to cash a flight back to Nigeria.
The moment he land in Lagos he came straight to my office…..I was surprised though my office is before his home so that was understandable ……but before we could totally give the attention I needed to run the interview he said he has to step to the jeep to shed some weight he had added…………fast forward…..He was more practical than words, demonstrated a few play of Rugby.


This one of the games I don’t understand  which I had told him while in was in South Africa…so I guess that's way he chose to be more practical than I talking.

But from the interview he made me understand his thrill about the game and one person he doesn’t joke with….coach Jake white ….his mentor “in the game”
He says each time he watched him he is energized, he is courage, because of his years of hard work and dedication to the game.

Here are his exact words about what he calls power game: Rugby is a free flowing game that features a combination of strength, speed and strategy to move a ball into an opponent’s territory. Rugby is a full-contact sport yet players wear little-or no protective gear. Rugby evolved from football (I.e. Soccer) and is often called the 'game played in heaven'.


Send an email to lavivonline@gmail.com if you want share your opinion on a particular sport /club you fancy or call 0813-809-3202.....there no charges,its actually my official line.

1 comment: