Monday 18 January 2016

I fell inlove on on our first date


So from my early morning  rush flying from PH airport to Lagos with Uber ride to catch up with this young man who was on his way to Ogun state to get his interview done.

Tired as I was, I allowed him to tell me how on earth he fell in love with his first date...............Hmmm! so some people still believe in love at first sight?
Hahaha! just read, you might start falling inlove at first sight...

My name is Gbenga George-Taylor and I support liverpool FC I fell in love with the club at the age of 13 and what drew me into being a fan was Michael Owen. He was young and he could score goals. But then I learnt about the club and its history and I knew I had found the right club. Liverpool football club is the greatest English club there is till date. Many may not accept this, but the facts are there with the club having won more European trophies than any other English team with 5 European cups, three UEFA cups and 3 UEFA super cups. In the premier league, Liverpool has won the league 18times and only one club has surpassed them. The clubs anthem is "You'll Never walk alone". A very cool catch phase that has also become the motto. wow moment:

My wow moment was "Istanbul 2005". We won the champions league for the fifth time and we did it in fantastic style... In a night where many fell out of belief and we became underdogs in under 45mins, I was one of the few that still held on to my believe. At half time Liverpool was losing to AC Milan (0-3)... So these being a very important march... A lot of people were watching and so I got a call from a friend who supports AC Milan. With his bad belle, he consoled me saying "you guys were lucky to have gotten to the finals"... And that I should take heart... But I told him, "its not over yet.. We will also give them 3-0 in the second half"... Like joke, like joke... Liverpool came out in the second half and scored 3 goals mostly inspired by captain fantastic Steven Gerrard and went on to win the game on penalty and right there a legend was born.

Hehehehehe! Sorry o! my AC Milan supporter….its not too late to switch to Liverpool….. He could not put his money where his mouth is…..
Where they need to improve: In modern times... Liverpool are like a wave.. We have had solid moments and sometimes moments that sadden you not to watch football for 2 weeks.

But when it comes to where I think the team can improve is majorly at the back (defense). Toure is old and in times of injury crisis we can't afford a solid back up.
 Favourite Player: Steven Gerrard

Why Someone should love this club: Liverpool fans are fans that love football... You can see that they all have passion and love for the club and so, everyone sticks and supports the club with heart.
In times of our glory days and now on our rise to greatness... Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs there is... I love Red and just being a fan has brought me so many proud moments. There's no other club that's bigger in Red.


Send an email to lavivonline@gmail.com if you want share your opinion on a particular sport /club you fancy or call 0813-809-3202.....there no charges,its actually my official line.

1 comment: